Project and Logistic Manager
VANTAGE TAG SYTEMS INC (VTSI). is expanding its team of technical professionals in the Operations Division. The Operations team is focused on the timely and effective delivery, installation and service and support of our inventory to new and existing clients in golf sports, agriculture, and transportation industries.
To meet growing demand, we currently require an operational leader with a background in operational processes, coordination, and some intermediate technical expertise to help manage field technicians, service and support, shipping, and CRM.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for a highly motivated, strategic, and disciplined leader to get in with a global and publicly traded company that still retains a boutique culture and build upon the success of VTSI’s technology. The Project and Logistic Manager will contribute to significant impacts in the future of VTSI as we embark on our next chapter, and the future of fleet management. This role necessitates a forward-thinking leader with a global mindset, able to imagine the future of advanced GPS design, delivery, management, and influence others to help build on that vision. As the division grows, this position will be integral in building functional interactions between the different teams and establish operational principles.
Working together with the VTSI team, the Head of Operations & Logistics:
- Be a key participant in the search and license team, using strong background in identifying proper manufacturers, suppliers, vendors, and partnerships.
- Operational assessment of business development opportunities to craft business cases and logistical due diligence, and then help transition and implement as they are brought into the organization.
- Coordinate the achievement of all core initiatives within the organization.
- Participate as a thought partner to the Operations Manager, V.P. Sales and work closely with other members of the team to craft overall organizational strategy and goals, with specific ownership of financial, operational, and programmatic objectives as the programs are established.
- Identify and implement innovative, disciplined, and continuously improving business processes and systems for administrative, engineering and software teams.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Establish and maintain relationships with customers and vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Track installation performance
- Get to know the customers with continuous communication
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience.
- Operational expertise in logistics, assist with complex projects, business development, presentation, and communication skills.
- Strong technical background to contribute to the new solutions ideas, research and solve potential technical problems.
- Proven track record of achieving short and long-term organizational objectives and financial results through the implementation of infrastructure, business processes, and systems.
- Proven success partnering cross-functionally, to develop strong collaborations and to inspire trust across the organization and at all levels.
- Experienced strategist and innovator who will contribute to the leadership, management, and growth of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience in small organizations.
- Experience in CRM, Salesforce and/or other business tools.
- Prior experience as a key leader in the start-up of a tech company or companies.
- GPS industry experience would be a benefit.
- Experience in the golf industry would be a benefit.
Key Skills & Abilities
- Strong organizational and managerial skills.
- Highly organized, meticulous, and disciplined to ensure a focused and structured approach within the division and with customers.
- Excellent quantitative knowledge and problem-solving skills to analyze, assess, and manage, technological and operational execution.
- Confident, mature listener with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Highly accountable and results-driven with the ability to set and use goals to guide action and objectively measure performance.
- Excellence in organizational management.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Sunny disposition.
Job Type: Full-time